Nominations: Maria Contreras-Sweet Award for Global Impact
The Maria Contreras-Sweet Award for Global Impact recognizes leaders that empower new communities to innovate and advance social and environmental goals globally via entrepreneurship. More specifically, the award honors an individual that embodies a global example of how government programs can empower entrepreneurs to solve societal challenges and further a more inclusive humanity.
Nominations for the Maria Contreras-Sweet Award for Global Impact must be for a specific government official or policy expert who launched a small business program or initiative that further strengthened an inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystem. For each nominee, please complete the following. Nominations are open through January 27, 2017.
The Selection Committee will select nominees based on the following criteria.
- Level of innovativeness of the policy tools used in the nominee’s effort.
- Level of impact in terms of strengthening the inclusive nature of an entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Level of impact in terms of empowering entrepreneurs as allies in solving societal challenges.
- Nominee’s effort embodies a globally-replicable example of how government programs can empower more entrepreneurs
- Extent to which the nominee’s effort elicited or crowdsourcing solutions to societal challenges.