Description of the core change(s) brought by this policy instrument
The Federal Government has established a formal platform for joint articulation of public and private entrepreneurship stakeholders.
Please list the implementing agencies
The National Committee of Start-up Support Initiatives is composed of representatives of the following bodies and entities:
- Development of Industry, Commerce, Services and Innovation Unit of the Special Secretariat for Productivity, Employment and Competitiveness of the Ministry of Economy;
- Secretariat of Entrepreneurship and Innovation of the Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovations and Communications (MCTIC);
- The Central Bank of Brazil;
- The National Bank for Economic and Social Development (BNDES);
- The National Council for Scientific and Technological Development;
- Agricultural Research Corporation;
- The Financier of Studies and Projects (FINEP);
- Agency for Industrial Development (ABDI);
- Export and Investment Promotion Agency (APEX); and
- Brazilian Micro and Small Business Support Service (SEBRAE).
In addition, ten representatives from the private sector and civil society will serve as a technical advisory group to the Committee.
Please name the policy advisor(s) or leader(s) who have been key in introducing and/or designing this policy instrument
Leonardo Freitas, Coordinator for Entrepreneurship and Deputy General Coordinator of Innovative Entrepreneurship at Brazil's Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovations & Communications
Igor Nazareth, Undersecretary for Innovation, Ministry of the Economy, Brazil
Otavio Caixeta, Director of the Digital Policies Secretariat, Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovation & Communication, Brazil
Paulo Puppin Zandonadi, Assistant Manager, Innovation Unit, SEBRAE, Brazil
Abstract summary of this Policy resource
By Presidential Decree, the National Committee of Start-Up Support Initiatives was established to articulate the initiatives of the Federal Executive Branch which target nascent technology-based companies that qualify as start-ups.
Stated goal/metrics of the policy instrument
The Committee's mandate is to
- Articulate the initiatives and programs of the Government to support startups within the federal public administration;
- Promote the exchange of experiences and best practices in initiatives involving support for start-ups;
- Make available and updating a digital compendium of public initiatives to support start-ups; and
- Collect and evaluate information about startup support initiatives and the results obtained.