· Global Entrepreneurship Week is celebrated in 149 countries—ranging in size from China (population 1.4 billion) to Monaco (population 35,407).
· 11,101 partner organizations conduct at least one activity, event or competition during Global Entrepreneurship Week
· 28,363 activities, events and competitions take place during Global Entrepreneurship Week
· 8,28 million people participate in Global Entrepreneurship Week as attendees, contestants, judges, speakers and more
· Global Entrepreneurship Week has enjoyed the participation and support of dozens of presidents and prime ministers on six continents.
· Each national Global Entrepreneurship Week campaign is run by one or more ‘host’ organizations in their particular country. These host organizations come from the following backgrounds: Startup Creation / Growth (14.6%), Business Support Groups (21.5%), Government Agencies / Programs (8.5%); Individual Business or Non-profit (8.5%), Youth Support Organization (32.3%), University or Academic Institution (8.5%), Foundation (6.2%).
· 78.1% of hosts say that Global Entrepreneurship Week had a “strong, positive impact on participants taking the next step toward starting their own ventures”
· World-renowned entrepreneurs have participated in Global Entrepreneurship Week activities, such as: Richard Branson, Virgin Group; Michael Dell, Dell Computers; Muhammad Yunus, Grameen Bank (and winner of Nobel Peace Prize); Dennis Crowley, Foursquare; Blake Mycoskie, TOMS Shoes; Mark Cuban, serial entrepreneur & NBA owner; Russell Simmons, Def Jam Records; Snoop Dogg and others.
· Global Entrepreneurship Week hosts serve as the lead delegates for their country to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress each March. Cities hosting the GEC have been Kansas City, Dubai, Shanghai, Liverpool and Moscow, Milan. Medellin hosts the next GEC in March 2016.
- See more at: http://uk.gew.co/about/global-facts#sthash.AQhQDVPh.dpuf