Marcus Dantus to guide GEN Mexico to strengthen international connections and implement new programs, initiatives
WASHINGTON, DC – The Global Entrepreneurship Network has appointed Marcus Dantus as acting managing director of GEN Mexico. In this role, Dantus is responsible for expanding collaboration among the country’s entrepreneurship ecosystem leaders and connecting them to their counterparts in more than 170 countries.
This announcement follows Global Entrepreneurship Week, where GEN Mexico helped host a series of events, covering a variety of topics from government in entrepreneurship and women entrepreneurs, to venture capital and funding for startups. GEN Mexico has also worked to solidify its board members, and recently led a survey to help identify gaps in the countries entrepreneurship ecosystem.
"Through GEN Mexico, I hope to increase collaboration in the Mexican ecosystem, which is a problem in the country," said Dantus. "We want to push to maintain a big focus on entrepreneurship and innovation through government policies and programs, especially after the 2018 elections."
At the global level, GEN operates in more than 170 countries. It fuels healthier start and scale ecosystems by fostering deeper cross-border collaboration and initiatives that engage entrepreneurs, investors, policymakers, researchers and entrepreneurship support organizations.
GEN Mexico aims to strengthen the ecosystem by focusing on:
- Providing a unified platform for entrepreneurship actors in the country, through programs such as Global Entrepreneurship Week,
- Identifying gaps in the ecosystem via detailed surveys to accelerators and incubators, and providing data-driven feedback and analysis,
- Continuing to build and and map the Mexican entrepreneurial ecosystem,
- Building and promoting Mexico as the bridge that is naturally between the Latin American markets and those of North America, Europe and Asia,
- Engaging government decision-makers, private investors and corporate leaders to reduce barriers to entrepreneurs in Mexico.
Alongside his role as acting managing director of GEN Mexico, Dantus also serves as the founder and CEO of Startup Mexico. He is also a serial entrepreneur and angel investor with more than two decades of mentoring, managing and funding startups in Mexico and the United States.
About the Global Entrepreneurship Network
The Global Entrepreneurship Network operates a platform of programs in 170 countries aimed at making it easier for anyone, anywhere to start and scale a business. By fostering deeper cross border collaboration and initiatives between entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, policymakers and entrepreneurial support organizations, GEN works to fuel healthier start and scale ecosystems that create jobs, educate individuals, accelerate innovation and strengthen economic growth. For details on the programs that make up GEN, visit genglobal.org and follow @unleashingideas on Twitter.